Posted: May 03, 2018
| Des Plaines, IL
The Administrative Coordinator will work directly with office staff to ensure all operational administrative tasks are completed efficiently. Under the direct supervision of the office manager/executive assistant, this position will provide comprehensive clerical support to executives, management and other staff, employing strong interpersonal skills and the ability to manage multiple tasks at once.
- Manages front office reception operations efficiently; welcomes and greets a diverse group of clients and office guests, answers and screens inbound phone calls in a professional manner and signs for shipments.
- Designs general correspondence, memos, charts, tables, graphs and presentations. Proofreads and formats documents, making appropriate changes and ensuring accuracy, with little to no supervision.
- Creates purchase requisitions using SAP.
- Maintains polite and professional communication via phone, e-mail and mail.
- Opens, sorts, and distributes incoming correspondence, including faxes, mail, packages and email.
- Assists with reservations, travel arrangements and meeting preparations.
- Manages multiple calendars and complex meeting schedules.
- Manages inventory and ordering of office, break room/kitchen and shipping supplies.
- Answers non-routine correspondence and assembles highly confidential and sensitive information.
- Recommends changes in office practices or procedures.
- Independent judgment is required to plan, prioritize and organize diversified workload.
- Anticipates the needs of others to ensure their seamless and positive experience.
- Performs additional duties as assigned.
Education and Training
- High school diploma or equivalent required.
- Bachelors degree strongly preferred.
- 3 to 5 years clerical /administrative experience required.
- Strong proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite.
- Experience using SAP a plus.
Skills and Abilities
- Excellent written, verbal and interpersonal communication skills.
- Excellent organizational, task prioritization and time management skills.
- Experience providing support to individuals at all levels of the organization.
- Careful attention to detail and accuracy.
- Self-starter who works well independently.
- Ability to multi-task with the flexibility to assist others.
- Must be resourceful and a good problem-solver.
- Ability to rely on experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals.
- Ability to manage multiple assignments and work independently within deadlines.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality on company issues.
- Strong teamwork skills with the ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with multiple departments.
- Must be able to maintain professionalism and a positive attitude.
- Accessible and flexible to work early/late hours, as well as weekends, when required.
- Maintains professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks; participating in professional societies.
Job Type: Full-time
- Administrative: 3 years (Required)
- Advanced MS Office Suite: 3 years (Required)
- SAP: 1 year (Preferred)
- Des Plaines, IL (Preferred)
If interested, you can apply here.
View More Opportunites