Posted: May 03, 2018
| North Ridgeville, OH
The Collections Supervisor will be primarily responsible for collections of Riddell key accounts and supervising the Institutional Collections Team. Works closely with Credit and Collections Manager to manage entire collections department coordinates and processes documentation, invoice dispute resolution and customer payment for Riddell key accounts. Performs account analysis and researches payment and account discrepancies. Identifies and verifies transactions and expedites a resolution of various invoicing issues that may be preventing payment. Provides collection resolution support between the customer, Key Account Manager and the company. Following company policies and procedures, initiates a follow-up process when expected payment is not received.
- Manages accounts receivables aging including researching and applying payments, preparing and updating aging reports and reviewing with the National Key Account Manager and Key Account Managers to determine collection.
- Manages and releases credit hold orders including obtaining purchase.
- Prepares and sends invoice copies and letters of collection correspondence to customers and sales.
- Prints Customer Statements.
- Processes tax credits, check requests, phone payments, demand letters and other requested documentation to expedite account payments.
- Identify delinquent accounts to turn over to third party collections and initiate process with TSI.
- Verifies and signs vouchers as legally required.
- Submits credit requests, debit memos for check requests and account write-offs.
- Makes collection calls on past due accounts.
- Assists with cash receipts and returns processing as needed.
- Provides accounts receivable -related assistance to upper management and auditors as required.
- Performs additional tasks including: obtaining proof of deliveries and tax exemption certificates; creating payment spreadsheets; verifying and processing address changes.
- Entry of invoices into customer websites as required.
- Update customer websites as needed.
- Directly supervises Collections Team in accordance with company policies and procedures and applicable laws.
- Responsibilities include training associates; planning, assigning and directing work; appraising personnel performance ; rewarding and disciplining associates; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
- Leads by example.
Education and Training:
- Minimum of 5-10 years accounts credit analysis experience required.
- At least 3-6 years supervisory experience.
- SAP experience required.
- Strong proficiency with MS Office applications, primarily Excel.
- High School degree or equivalent required.
- Bachelor's degree in accounting or finance or equivalent combination of education, training and related experience.
Skills and Abilities:
- Effective communication, negotiation, collaboration and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work courteously and tactfully with customers, sales representatives and employees.
- Excellent time management, analytical and organizational.
- Ability to rely on experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals.
- Ability to manage multiple assignments and work independently within.
- Ability to maintain confidentiafity on all customer.
- Strong teamwork and decision-making.
- Careful attention to detail and accuracy required.
Job Type: Full-time
- supervisory: 3 years (Required)
- Credit Analysis: 5 years (Required)
- SAP: 1 year (Required)
- North Ridgeville, OH (Preferred)
If interested, you can apply here.
View More Opportunites