Consumer Services Supervisor
Posted: November 15, 2017
| Des Plaines, IL
The Consumer Services Supervisor manages the Consumer Services call center and various processes associated with our direct-to-consumer business. The Consumer Services Supervisor establishes the team’s direction to ensure that order accuracy, delivery status, and product information is conveyed to our consumers in a timely manner. The Consumer Services Supervisor addresses customer needs with the highest degree of professionalism and courtesy. This is a consumer-facing position that requires a positive and driven individual who can project confidence in our products, processes, and people.
Responsibilities and Duties
Essential Functions :
- Manages all call center functions with focus on key metrics and sales objectives.
- Manages team of full time and part time Consumer Services representatives.
- Coordinates efforts with other internal department supervisors and managers including manufacturing, collections, credit and billing to achieve customer service excellence.
- Provides training and development of internal Consumer Services processes, policies, and procedures.
- Maintains a thorough knowledge of all company products, catalog contents, and promotional items.
- Assists the Consumer Service Representatives in fielding incoming calls, entering sales orders (new equipment and reconditioning), providing orders statuses, troubleshooting customer issues, and resolves non-routine customer issues as needed.
- Contributes to the development and implementation of plans that effectively and efficiently improve customer service.
- Communicates company objectives to the Consumer Services Department and works alongside other business units to achieve company objectives.
- Product: providing feedback on any product issues
- Marketing: understanding Riddell brand direction, working closely on consumer messaging
- Maintains sales and call center data to achieve company objectives
Qualifications and Skills
Skills and Abilities:
- Ability to service high call volume
- Excellent customer-relations skills.
- Ability to multitask (handle the pressure!)
- Excellent verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills.
- Ability to maintain a high level of energy.
- Strong articulation and voice clarity skills.
- Solid comprehension, listening and negotiating skills.
- Excellent intuitive, analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Strong leadership skills with the ability to establish and maintain positive and effective working relationships.
- Strong task prioritization skills.
- Strong customer service focus.
- Careful attention to detail and accuracy.
Education and Training:
- 4-year College/University Degree Required.
- Degree in Business, Communications or related field desirable.
- Minimum two-five (2-5) years consumer / customer service, help desk or high-volume call center experience required.
- Proficient with MS Office applications, primarily Excel and Outlook.
- SAP experience desirable.
- Basic knowledge of sports and the associated equipment used with each individual sport is desirable.
- CRM experience desirable (Customer Relationship Management)
Job Type: Full-time
- Help Desk/Call Center: 2 years
- SAP: 2 years
If you are interested in this position you can apply here.
View More Opportunites