Posted: November 15, 2017
| Des Plaines, IL
Reporting to the Riddell Research and Development Manager, the Industrial Designer is responsible for supporting the design and development of innovative, world-class protective sports products from ideation to production. The ideal candidate should have proven experience in developing football protection concepts in a cross functional team.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Establish creative concepts for opportunities not yet identified in the field
- Tackle all aspects of the design process - from user research to preparing product concepts using sketches, 3D rendering, 3D CAD, conceptual models, and/or rapid prototypes that show a clear and concise vision to design leadership
- Manage multiple projects through all stages of development: from building relationships and conceptual work to industrialization and market launch with the responsibility for overall quality, innovation and creative vision
- Evaluate designs relative to applicable safety standards
- Collaborate with Manufacturing and Operations departments in the development and launch of new products with a focus on design for lean manufacturing and robust design methodologies.
- Keep abreast of trends, manufacturing methods, materials, and research competitive products as needed
- Create and maintain design documentation such as engineering drawings, product and material specifications, and bill of materials to assure quality in product designs
- Produce accurate and complete technical document packages for all projects and products, to ensure that design intent is carried out to expectations.
Qualifications and Skills
- BS Industrial Design or equivalent work experience
- 5-7 years experience designing personal protection products
- Advanced CAD experience required: has demonstrated high proficiency in 3D modeling of complex parts with Solidworks, PTC Creo, or Rhino, and creation and manipulation of advanced surfaces
- Computer experience and knowledge of Microsoft applications required (Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Proficiency in Adobe Creative Suite
- Ability to work in a cross-functional team environment
- Strong sketching skills, including rapid visualization
- Working knowledge of human factors and ergonomics
- Mechanical aptitude and working knowledge of basic mechanisms
- Dependability - Follows instructions, responds to management direction; Takes responsibility for own actions; Keeps commitments; Commits to long hours of work when necessary to reach goals; Completes tasks on time or notifies appropriate person with an alternate plan
- Fostering Innovation – looking beyond the norm in developing new product or practices and embracing necessary change
- Effective Communication - Clear communication to internal and external customers in multiple formats
- Project Management – strong organizational skills, acute attention to detail to ensure timely delivery of projects.
Job Type: Full-time
- Industrial Design: 4 years
If you are interested in this position you can apply here.
View More Opportunites